My Wanderlust Story
“Travel is like love, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Iyer
“What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do, especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road. ” – William Least Heat-Moon
“Travel is the only buy that makes you richer.”
Deep down, I’ve always told myself that I wanted to travel. The journey in getting there was hard, you begin to question the status quo, and you begin to doubt yourself whether you can do it or not. I guess for every person to succeed they have to experience those doubts, but all you gotta do is to suck it up and remember your GOALS. Traveling the world will open your eyes to the many different standards of living around the globe, and it will help you understand and appreciate the differences in culture. I realized that magazines, newspapers, and what you see on TV about the world is just like the preface of a book and the ACT of traveling is the gist of what you’re reading.
It is true that you only learn when you start facing reality, and THAT is what you get from traveling. You can’t expect no one to help you but yourself and find regularity in irregularity. You start being comfortable with what’s around you and begin to establish quick conversations with everyone you meet. Next, you learn to let go of corporeal things because material things are just things, they remain the same until you become older, and they don’t hold true value. Experiences on the other hand do, and will stand the test of time.
- Don’t be too serious. There will be language barriers, and similar gestures won’t always mean the same thing. So Keep calm and put your SHAKA on!
- Learn to do research before hand, it takes away the hassle of finding one place to another. It will save you time and headaches!
- Be yourself. Wear clothes that make you feel good and do the things that makes you feel comfortable. No one else knows you better than you.
- Take note of what you missed to do and what you should not do the next time around. That’s why making mistakes make you a better person.
- It’s okay to get LOST. It’s normal and when it does happen, don’t panic, it won’t help you solve anything. Ask for directions.
- Learn to appreciate what you have and work with it. You can’t always compare yourself with what other people have.
- Be HAPPY and CAREFREE! You don’t get the privilege of staying there forever, so cherish it.
Start chasing your dreams and be inspired. No one can tell you otherwise!